Christian’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, corporate restructuring, international commercial arbitration, international investment arbitration, infrastructure contracts and anti-corruption investigations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act matters, and sports law.
- In charge of Commercial Litigation, Corporate Restructuring and International Commercial Arbitration (ICC, UNCITRAL, LCIA, AAA) and International Investment Arbitration (ICSID, NAFTA, PCA).
- Experience connected with negotiations and with disputes related to EPC contracts (FIDIC) • Participation in a number of anti-corruption investigations related to compliance with US regulations (FCPA)
- Research focused on comparing transnational litigation cases from US, Canada, Mexico, Japan and the European Union by studying different legislation and providing the different outcomes in different jurisdictions
- Experience in civil and commercial litigation, antitrust, litigation, labor law litigation and human rights protection
- Considerable experience in corporate and sports law
- Experience in dealing with corporate affairs involving shareholders and directors; drafted and negotiated contracts between soccer and baseball players with their respective teams from the Mexican leagues
- Practice focused in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, corporate finance, bankruptcy proceedings, corporate restructuring and international commercial arbitration
- Mergers and acquisitions due diligence and document review; planning of corporate defenses to be proposed for bylaws and articles of incorporation
- Author, “The Transnational Standard of Review in International Arbitration,” Young Arbitration Review, October 2014
- Author, “Seventh Investment Arbitration Forum — The Energy Reform in Mexico,” Official Rapporteur, Woss & Partners, SC, August 2015
- Author, “Multi-Tiered Dispute Resolution Clauses — Mexico Chapter,” International Bar Association Litigation Report, October 2015
- Author, “The Two-Faced Approach to Arbitration in Mexico and Latin America,” Transnational Dispute Magazine, pending publication
Activities and Affiliations
- Member of the Mexican Bar
- Qualified Solicitor of England and Wales through the QLTS Scheme