Rafael Rodríguez’ practice focuses on administrative law matters, particularly on government procurement proceedings and public contracts, public services concessions, energy (oil, gas and power), health care regulation and administrative litigation.
Mr. Rodríguez currently focuses in the Mexican Energy practice, particularly on the oil and gas activities, as well as electricity.
- Russian multinational gas company: Assisting with compliance with customs authority’s requirements regarding natural gas import authorizations.
- Spanish multinational power generation company: Advising on the cost recovery conciliation and contract modifications with formerly Pemex-Gas y Petroquímica Básica related to a cogeneration plant located in Tabasco, Mexico.
- Argentinian-based oil and gas company: Advising on contractual migrations in accordance with the reformed energy provisions.
- Port administration: Advising during a public works conflict during a docks restructuration project, conducting the strategy during trial and for conciliation meetings.
- Austrian electromechanical equipment supplier: Advising on building and operation of hydroelectric power plants in Central America.
- Mexican LED technology company: Advising on submitting propositions for government’s procurement proceedings, designing legal strategies of acquisition and finance for several municipalities according to the local regulations.
- Argentinian pharmaceutical company: Advising on medicines registration before COFEPRIS, and compliance with manufacturing standards.
- Mexican paper manufacturer: Advising on compliance with health care regulation for its novel products, and developing legal strategy to obtain approval of COFEPRIS.
- Multinational Mexican food producer: Successfully representing against COFEPRIS enforcement measures regarding the Official Mexican Standards compliance.